Monday, May 13, 2024

Routines & Me

 Get up for the day, stretch, get dressed, eat breakfast, walk the dog, go to work, come home, make dinner, watch some TV. read a book, go to bed.  That's a routine, right!?  Routine.  A word that is common for many autistics of any part of the spectrum.  The word, routine is defined as a regular series of events/activities that one has in their schedule.


Autism and Change in Routine, Autism and Change of Environment — Autism  Specialty Group

Routine can look different for an individual on the autism spectrum.  For me, my schedule depends on what I have going on that day/week.   I try my best to be productive given the circumstances with how my brain operates.  I've come a long way with myself.  Sometimes it can be hard to motivate myself, but if I let the part of my brain that wants motivation to win, I will never succeed.  Yes, motivation isn't bad, but if it's the only way you are able to get out of bed or be productive, it isn't the best mindset. 



No comments:

Post a Comment