Thursday, May 24, 2018

All About Me!


Hi! My name is Alyssa Collier and I have had ADHD and anxiety since I was a baby, but I was diagnosed later on.  I created this blog to share my beliefs on ADHD and what it is like having ADHD and anxiety with 20 years of life under my belt. In a nutshell, I would like to introduce a little bit of who I am and about myself and my life thus far.
Date of Birth: April 16th, 1998
I live in: Utah
Favorite Movie: Don't even get me started...The following have been the movies I've grown up on.  (Mostly I'm a musical geek, but I don't mind some violence...as long as there's a cute guy in it!)
  • High School Musical (All of them, I mean that's how I feel for Zac Efron)
  • Sound Of Music (I was raised on this and watched it everyday--I've probably memorized the entire movie top to bottom and bottom to top)
  • Harry Potter (I watched a couple of them as a kid, but my obsession didn't start until I was 12 years old.) 
  • Hunger Games (I was obsessed with this for the LONGEST time!!)
  • Pitch Perfect (How I became obsessed with acapella)
  • Avengers (I mean, it's hot guys with awesome super powers)
  • Ferris Buller's Day Off (You can't graduate high school and NOT watch this classic!)
  • Bye Bye Birdie (Just a classic that I would watch with my family as I grew up)
  • Singin' In the Rain (Got me interested in the early-mid 20th century)
  • Any Disney Princess movie, or any family Disney movie. (I mean, it's Disney folks)
  • Pixel Perfect (This was an older DCOM, but I would watch this so many times as a kid)
    --As you can see, a lot of musicals!  There's probably more that I've forgotten some movies, but overall these movies have shaped me.

Favorite TV Show: (same thing with the movies...I've watched so many shows, here's a list of the shows I don't mind watching over and over again)
  • Lizzie McGuire (The first "big kid" show I remember watching)
  • Arthur (I would watch this everyday with my mom)
  • Rollie Pollie Ollie (I LOVED this show and was obsessed with his little sister)
  • Madeline (cartoon) (I believe this would air every morning at 5am and I woke up to watch it with my mom and LOVED the books and owned the live-action movie)
  • DragonTales (I ALWAYS wanted to be like Max and Emmy with meeting Dragons, when I found out that they weren't real I was sad)
  • Hannah Montana (What girl my age hasn't seen at LEAST one episode of HM?!)
  • Suite Life of Zack & Cody (I wanted their hotel life!)
  • Sonny With a Chance (It was a funny show, and I remember I had a crush on Sterling Knight as Chad Dylan Cooper.)
  • Wizards Of Waverly Place (This show had everything!! I mean Selena Gomez?! Heck yeah! Wizard for life?! For sure!)
  • F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Started watching it in 9th grade, but I watched the last episode first.  THEN, I became hooked....it doesn't help that Netflix has ALL the episodes!!)
  • Fosters (It's a good show, I don't mind it at all.  I'm not saying I believe in what they show, but I watch it sometimes)
  • Baby Daddy (Once I found F.R.I.E.N.D.S, I heard about this show and started watching it and laughed so hard)
  • The Ellen DeGeneres Show (My dream is to meet her or to go to her show before she leaves like Oprah did)
  • The Secret Life of the American Teenager (I saw commercials for this show when I was younger, but I wasn't allowed to watch it because of all the adult topics.  Now, I've seen every episode and I LOVE it!! I watch it when I can!! ...Still waiting on Netflix to put it back on)

Religious Belief: I'm LDS/a Mormon!!  I believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ!  I have friends on missions right now.  The boys leave for 2 years, and the girls leave for 18 months.


Why did I start this blog?:  I wanted to basically share stories based on how I was raised with ADHD and anxiety.  I know I'm not a doctor and I'm only 20, but I have had so much passion for finding out psychological things like who I am and why I act the way I've acted.  Over the years, I've struggled to have a long-lasting friendship because people with ADHD and anxiety struggle with keeping friends. 
      I also wanted to reach out to people with ADHD and anxiety to never be afraid with what you have!  ADHD is, and can be, a blessing and a curse.   I've definitely seen it both ways in the relationships I've had and the education I've received.    


I'm not a doctor, but I feel strong about sharing stories about what I went through as a child with ADHD, and would like to have anyone reach out with me if you had the same problems. 

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, feel free to email me: music.girl.101@me.com
I would love to answer any questions about myself, ADHD, my anxiety, etc.  I will be posting on here regularly! Thanks for the support! 

--Lys Collier

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy you decided to start a blog! I love the way you write it comes so naturally for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experiences are so useful for others, thanks 😀

    ReplyDelete